View Single Post
Old February 27 2012, 03:38 AM   #301
CaptainCanada
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

20. X-Men: First Class (A)

Rewatch just before the Oscars. I see I rated this an A- when I saw it in theatres back in the summer; having seen it again, I wavered and decided to bump it up to A. As a blockbuster entertainment, I'd set this alongside Mission: Impossible 4 and The Adventures of Tintin as the best of last year. My main reservation in not ranking it higher initially was how the defections of a couple of key characters (and one minor character) seem rushed, and while that's still the case, I don't think it's significant enough to keep it from deserving an A (though it keeps it from A+). It's the best X-Men movie, and, having rewatched both it and Captain America, the best superhero movie of 2011, and it belongs in the upper tier of the genre generally. Thematically, this probably aims the highest of any of the Marvel films, and it mostly succeeds; and it's a great team movie, which I don't think had ever really been done before this with superheroes.

Cinema: 5
Home Video: 13
Computer: 2

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote