View Single Post
Old February 26 2012, 11:18 PM   #485
JamesRKirk
Lieutenant

Re: Star Trek: DTI: Watching The Clock Review Thread

dispatcher812 wrote: View Post
I decided to give it one last try. However, I did not get past 2 pages and I had a headache and was lost due to the techno jargon. I have deleted it form my kindle.

I am sorry Mr Bennett, I can't go any further with this one. I have enjoyed your previous books and hope to enjoy your future ones. (pun intended)

Kevin
I finished it but it wasn't my cup of tea. Tying yourself in knots tring to explain how time travel really works (hint:it really doesn't) kept pulling me out of the story. Star Trek is action/adventure with a moral usually tacked on somewhat haphazardly. It's not a science textbook. For that, I'll pick up Robert L. Forward. It sometimes feels like the series should be renamed Time Trek lately. Just look at the arguments that the last movie started with it's "time travel creates a new universe that you can't get out of". What about COTEOF or First Contact (the movie, not the episode)? Trying to say that this is how time travel works in this case but not in that one is silly. Time travel works in whatever way the story needs it to work.
JamesRKirk is offline   Reply With Quote