Darth Thanatos wrote:
J. Allen wrote:
I'm saving up dilithium to exchange for C-points so I can buy more space for my Doffs. I never thought I'd pass 100 slots, but man, I'm already there.
Heh. I know the feeling.
I find 100 to be a nice number and don't need more since I can only send my doffs out on a maximum of 20 assignments. With another 10 doffs on space or ground duty, I typically have the remaining 40-50 doffs just idling around doing nothing. Instead, I now try to maintain an even number of doffs of each type as I slowly increase the number of uncommon/rare/very rare doffs. Besides, dismissing a doff earns me development xp so I don't find it a loss.
I'm actually debating into acquiring 100 doffs more AND 25 more doff mission slots, but the dil grind for that is somewhat annoying. I want to get all renowns, already have two (delta volanis and rolor nebula), plus the "guinan" doff.
On the Contraband, I tend not to part with it, because it's needed for the "build turret/platform from prototype plans" doff mission. I have 11 assorted turret plans waiting to get the mission to build them, and about 25 contraband. I have two already built.
On the DOFFs, I found that 125 or 150 is a good workable number.
More than that and you'll have doffs that aren't employed. Less than that and you'll be thin in a few areas. I try to have 3 or 4 DOFFs for most specializations. On specializations that correspond to the char's field, I may have more. That is a Tac char would have additional sec/tac doffs, Engr char would have additional engr/ops doffs and Sci chars would have additional med/sci doffs.
Next time you collect your doff rewards, stop and look at the entire roster:
- Do you have the doffs you need in your Space and Ground slots?
- Do you have extra rare or very rare doffs that could be better utilized on another of your characters? Just mail the doffs to them.
- Do you have too many commons or uncommon in a certain specialization? Send them to your other chars or sell on the Exchange then use the funds to buy what you need.
- You can pick up a few extra doffs from the doff POC for a small amount of dilithium. Recommend that you only do that for doffs to fill critical shortages though.
- You can also dismiss surplus doffs for a small amount of dilithium.
I've not had a problem with only 100 doff slots so far. I tend to keep around 2 or 3 per specialisation (with the exception of Security, Amoury and Diplomats, which have up to 5 each).
Whenever I hit the maximum, I go through and clear out any White doffs from specs that have to many, down the the minimum of two, which raises a nice little bit of dilithium too.
The large Dilithium doff rewards that I've published over the past few days were all achieved wit only 100 DOffs/20 slots on each toon.