View Single Post
Old February 23 2012, 07:25 AM   #2
gottacook
Commander

Re: Top Ten Worst Episodes?

My list of episodes to avoid, in approximate order:

"The Alternative Factor" ("What of Lazarus?" "And what of Lazarus?" etc.)

"The Omega Glory" (yes, I know it was one of the original Roddenberry story treatments for the second pilot, and I like Cloud William and his utterances, but anyone new to Trek ought to be spared the Yangs and Kohms)

"And the Children Shall Lead" (nice score by George Duning, though, largely unused in later episodes)

"The Paradise Syndrome" (worst actress in the entire series, bad enough to drag down an intriguing episode; sorry, Sabrina, but someone had to be)

"Whom Gods Destroy" (I really enjoyed Steve Ihnat and Yvonne Craig in this, but a novice shouldn't be exposed to dialogue such as "It is time I took command of the Enterprise")

"Plato's Stepchildren" (just plain stupid, despite the presence of Barbara Babcock and Michael Dunn, who both project intelligence as they usually do)

"The Mark of Gideon" [which depends on (1) the Gideons, not even Federation members, being able to build an "Enterprise" that could fool its captain AND learning of some obscure disease he once had, and (2) the bridge crew not at first recognizing that transporter coordinates were transposed]

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky" (as David Gerrold wrote in The World of Star Trek, "[McCoy] gets to fall in love and almost die in the same episode - a plethora of devices to create artificial excitement.")
gottacook is offline   Reply With Quote