View Single Post
Old February 22 2012, 02:08 PM   #270
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen in 2012

10. "The Artist" (2011) A + Starring: Jean Dujardin, Berenice Bejo, Uggie the dog, James Cromwell, John Goodman, Malcom McDowell. Directed By: Michael Hazanavicius.

This movie wasn't even on my radar until the buzz and hype started over it around Golden Globe time. I ignored it as I mostly do over these types of things, but eventually my curiosity got the better of me and I checked out the trailer. That clinched it. I had to see this movie. I didn't think a silent movie would work in this day and age. Boy was I wrong. This film absolutely blew me away. It deserves all the accolades and awards that it has won, and probably still will win. The acting is brillant, so is the directing, and the musical score really pulls you into the story. Not in a very long time have I had a range of emotion triggered by a film like the ones I felt while watching "The Artist". I am one that gets really into a story and can get emotional with films that I really love, but this was different. I was feeling all kinds of things and reacting to various scenes playing out on the screen. Haven't felt that way about a film in a very long time. If you are even remotely thinking about seeing this film...do so. It has a tremendous cast and a heart warming story and I think several relevant messages in the film. I was hesitant before, but I'm really glad that I went to see this. It is now number one on my favourite films of 2011 list. I'll be getting the Blu-Ray when it comes out in a couple months. I hope this cleans up at the Oscars as well.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote