View Single Post
Old February 20 2012, 04:57 PM   #62
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Masterpiece Classic: Downton Abbey 2x01

I saw where some of Downton was going last night, and it was probably the best episode since the first season finale.

I thought it was pretty obvious there was something up with Nigel Havers and the maid long before Anna finally noticed.

I was thrilled when someone finally decked Sir Richard, though I agree with Slate that he wasn't an awful character until this episode where he finally became a comical, mustache-twirling villain.

My heart broke once more for the loveless Edith.

Even though I've really wanted to see Matthew and Mary together, I also kinda wanted to see her go to New York in search of her "cowboy" to shake up the stuffy Brits.

And I was crushed when Bates was convicted -- though I think there's a lot more going on there than we know. (I wonder if Thomas isn't involved in some way; he could frame Bates to get his position as Lord Grantham's valet and eliminate Anna from the household in a single stroke.)

It's going to be a long couple of months until Downton comes back, that's for sure.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote