View Single Post
Old February 20 2012, 01:58 PM   #256
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen in 2012

Alien ✭✭✭✭ (rewatch)

The perfect blend of horror and science fiction. There's just so much to marvel at. The "space jockey" scene has to be one of the most memorable in all of science fiction. The set, based on a H.R. Giger painting, is just fantastic. All the performances are great, the alien is believable... there's just so much to love about the movie.

Aliens ✭✭✭✭ (rewatch)

And just when you think it couldn't get any better... there's more aliens and a bigger budget and Paul Reiser! I truthfully can't decide if I like Alien or Aliens more sometime.

Rabbit Hole (2010) ✭✭✭

A pretty good film. Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart both put on good performances. The movie is about the loss of a young child and both actors are very believable in their roles as the parents. It was kind of paint-by-the-numbers, though. Nothing to really make it memorable.

Vertigo ✭✭✭ 1/2

This is one weird movie. I enjoyed the hell out of Jimmy Stewart's performance as a man obsessed with Kim Novak. The movie is maybe just a little bit too long though. I'm sure it's movie that gets better with repeat viewings. This is definitely something I'd like to watch again.

The Ruins ✭✭✭ 1/2 (rewatch)

One of my favorite horror films. In comparison to Vertigo, my complaint with this movie is that it's two short. I love the setting and the claustrophobic atmosphere and Jenna Malone. Some people think the movie is silly, but I love it.