View Single Post
Old February 20 2012, 10:09 AM   #254
od0_ital
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital
Re: Movies Seen in 2012

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
8) 50/50 (2011) - B

I think I know why I hesitated watching this movie when it first came out, and it really confirmed this in watching the movie itself. I don't entirely like Seth Rogan. Yeah he was good in the first few movies he was in (Knocked Up comes to mind) but I find that he plays the exact same character in most, if not all, of his movies. He plays that crude friend who loves to fuck chicks and get laid, until the very end where he shows that yeah despite his flaws there is still some sort of dignity to him. It's starting to get old and in this movie he pretty much plays that character.

On that end, I thought he was the weakest link in an otherwise good and emotional movie. I really liked Gordon-Levitt and Anna Kendrick (Who I adored in Up in the Air) in this one and the story was well told. There were some slow spots in there, but the ending made up for it nicely. I am glad I ended up seeing it, despite Rogan.
Ya do know that the guy who wrote the movie had cancer & Seth Rogan is one of his best friends, right? So, in 50/50 he wasn't really playin' a character, he was playin' himself, as seen through the eyes of one of his best friends.