View Single Post
Old February 17 2012, 07:46 PM   #61
Ziriath
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Your Love For Amok Time !!!

Frankly said, I hate this episode.
Vulcan society is dumb and the whole story illogical. At first, there was a telepathic bond thingy, which turned out to be totaly pointless, since Spock got rid of pon farr when he 'killed' Jim and haven't even touched T'Pring at all. (That's good. If he really married T'Pring and then jumped with her behind the nearest bush, the moments after would be quite awkward for Jim and Bones, and inappropriate for 60's show). When some physical activity, like fight or so, was enough, he could have cured it just by running through the circular corridor on Enterprise, until he drops on the floor from exhaustion . And why it should be necessary to kill Jim? It seemed to me more like a hypnose. T'Pau mind-melded with him, and then he got mad, when 'koon-ut-kal-if-fee' was said. He calmed down, when she yelled 'Kroikah' and got normal, when he 'killed' Jim.
When I saw this episode for the first time, I was quite shocked. I used to think that Vulcans are smart and developed. And then THIS. A woman as a goddamn PROPERTY of someone else? WTF?! And they call themselves logical? As a girl, I was offended by Amok Time.