View Single Post
Old February 17 2012, 04:31 PM   #87
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: Holy ....! Doctor Who/Star Trek Crossover coming From IDW!

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I wouldn't call it a crossover as much as the Tardis and the Master's Tardis made cameo appearences. There is a link in the Trek Lit thread pointing out all the devices. It was a very cool panel.
True, but it does serve to indicate that the TARDISes exist in the IDW version of the Trek and DC universes. And knowing IDW's fetish for crossovers I wouldn't be too surprised if there isn't a connection.

I agree it was a cool panel. I didn't actually notice the TARDIS at first. First thing I saw was the time machine from the 1950s version of The Time Machine.

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Yeah I gotta admit I'm not thrilled with that decision. I avoided Infestation. I hear Tony Lee is "consulting". I was hoping Roberson would do it. He's done a wonderful job with the Star Trek/LOSH crossover.
Infestation lost me when I realized they were crossing TOS with TMNT. I mean T-M-bloody-N-T. Given the choice I'm quite happy Doctor Who wasn't involved in Infestation 2 which I'd expected to see.

Tony Lee apparently has a cover writer credit so it may be more than consulting. He's done good work with the comic, but things did get a bit over the top near the end, what with the dinosaur companion and that bizarre Silent Night thing. The jury is still out with me on the current DW team. I like the premise of As Time Goes By but I really can't see past the artwork.

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote