View Single Post
Old February 16 2012, 02:20 AM   #416
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Avengers #22: This keeps on getting better. This is how Dark Reign should have progressed in the first place IMO. The Marvel President doesn't seem to know what to do with Norman. Not that I blame him too much, Osborn has always been a very good manipulator. The art is fantastic and Bendis is finally entertaining me with his writing. Perhaps it is because it is a story line of which I'm interested. As a life long Spider-Man fan it is still weird for me to have Norman Osborn elevated to such a global position of power in the Marvel Universe. I know others have not liked his Lex Luthor like elevation but to me it is absolutely fascinating. I still think he's going to self destruct and I continue to be antsy to see the return of the Green Goblin.

Avenging Spider-Man #4: This also continues to be good. I notice Clint no longer seems to have his mask any more. I've forgotten. Was his identity exposed or did he reveal it during Bendis' run? Anyway, he and Peter make a pretty good team up. What Peter did for him at the end with the shot was pretty cool as well. It seems the premise of this book is that Captain America assigns various different Avengers with Spider-Man to take on different types of "specialized" assignments. Cap guest stars next month. I can't wait until they get to Tony.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; February 16 2012 at 02:31 AM.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote