View Single Post
Old February 14 2012, 09:38 PM   #399
JD
Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Well, there's nothing wrong with light and fluffy,
Yes there is. It's trivial and boring and not worth my time unless Joe Flanigan is in it.
I don't get this attitude, both with TV and movies. I just don't understand why so many people seem to have a problem with stuff that is just trying to be fun and entertaining. Not everything has to be deep and philosophical, sometimes it's nice to just relax and have a good time.

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
I have the complete opposite reaction when it comes to SyFy,
Most of what they're showing right now is really good-- I love Being Human, Sanctuary, Warehouse 13 and Eureka. I also enjoy Haven and Lost Girl. And I liked the first two Stargate series. I don't think they have anything planned that looks interesting to me, though, except the HG Wells spin off.
Glad to see someone else here who enjoys those shows as much as I do. I didn't mention Lost Girl, or Merlin since they're both imports, but I'd probably though both of those in with the Eureka, W13, Farscape, ect. And I'm really curious about the HG Wells spinoff, you don't see that kind of steampunkish stuff on TV very often.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote