View Single Post
Old February 14 2012, 02:24 PM   #394
Christopher
Writer

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

Caliburn24 wrote: View Post
I think my current problem with SyFy's current line-up is that it is all so safe and bland. Everything has to be relatable and contemporary. Even my favorite of their current shows Alphas, is unwilling to swing for the fences and even try to be great(you could argue it tried that in its season finale, and poof that showrunner is gone now). So instead we have stuff like Warehouse 13 which is enjoyable enough, but doesn't even try to be anything but average.
I wonder, did you see W13's season finale last year? That was anything but average. They really swung for the fences and created one of the most intense, powerful, moving stories I've seen on TV in the past year. I found W13 a mediocre show in its first couple of years, but it really rose to a new level this past season and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

I also loved Eureka this past year, and Alphas got off to a very impressive start -- though I'm also worried about whether it can maintain its quality now that Ira Steven Behr is gone.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote