View Single Post
Old February 14 2012, 02:21 PM   #55
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: Holy ....! Doctor Who/Star Trek Crossover coming From IDW!

The official IDW announcement:

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/2224/

Is anyone here a member of the Gallifrey Base? For various reasons I've chosen not to join that community. One fan group is responding to this news, well, not very favorably. (The headline for this news on its blog simply reads "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!") Gallifrey Base is known for its sometimes volatile discussions. I'd be interested to hear if WWIII has broken out over there.

Me, I'm going in with an open mind. If the story works and they provide a plausible explanation for merging the two universes, then that's fine. If it doesn't work - not whether the story is any good, but whether merging is actually accomplished in a way that is consistent with the continuity - then I'll just file this with Scream of the Shalka, Dimensions in Time, and Curse of Fatal Death (officially licensed and sanctioned Doctor Who productions that don't count in the canon). I'm looking forward to it. And I didn't expect it to be 8 issues.

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote