View Single Post
Old February 14 2012, 04:06 AM   #442
Anwar
Vice Admiral

Re: Why do people keep saying Voyager weakened the Borg?

Saito S wrote: View Post
And here we go again.
Defending TV shows is the never-ending battle, buddy...

Is that why you're here? To try and mollify these two groups that are constantly at each other's throats? (Disclaimer: no one is actually at anyone's throat)
I try.

This isn't about you trying to make people happy, it's about you saying something that is incorrect, and then repeating that same thing over and over.
I try to point out the differences between the Borg ships encountered so to better justify VOY's survival without having to say "The Borg were weakened." I don't see the problem with pointing out the differences between the Assimilation Cube (I got the name from the Armada video games) and the Tactical Cube so to extrapolate that the Tactical Cube was weaker than the Assimilation Cube. Yes, they said it was heavily armed, but they never said "It's heavily armed compared to the Assimilation Cube."

Of course they don't. They used a frakking solar flare to destroy it. Complaining that the Borg should be able to withstand natural destructive forces of that magnitude would be silly. Also, it wasn't a normal Borg ship.
If Voyager had done the same thing to the Tactical Cube, the response WOULD be that the ship should've survived the power of a Sun. BOBW never said that a Sun was powerful enough to destroy a Borg ship, after all.

And that ship was a Borg vessel, we see it again on a Borg viewscreen in "Dark Frontier". And even if it wasn't, it still had to have been built from the original Borg ship Hugh and his crew were traveling in (it has the Borg colors, the same green energy and sound FX).

Good thing no one believes that Voyager could never do the same, then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bkw69E_C4g

What? That last one didn't even make any sense.
The idea being that VOY should've been destroyed in one shot from any Borg vessel, never should've been able to run from any Borg vessels, any assimilated people should never be de-assimilatible (despite TNG showing otherwise).

Its kind of pointless "defending" something by making crap u
Seeing how a lot of the stuff about the Borg is really just made up/fandom assumptions, fair's fair.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote