View Single Post
Old February 14 2012, 01:42 AM   #46
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: Holy ....! Doctor Who/Star Trek Crossover coming From IDW!

CaptainMatt wrote: View Post
So when does the first issue come out again? Will it have as the cover as the artwork of the Doctor and companions on the Enterprise-D bridge?
Apparently May. We may find out in a few days if it ends up being the third item on this TrekToday news release:

http://www.trektoday.com/content/201...omics-for-may/

After all, the big question mark is a bit of a giveaway don't you think?

It's a bit amusing some of the fear and loathing I'm seeing over this from some quarters. I mean, I'm sorry, the Star Trek franchise survived Trek and the X-Men crossing over - twice, if I recall. Doctor Who didn't implode because the Doctor spent several years travelling around with a talking penguin. And there was apparently some serious suggestion to actually doing a live-action crossover back in the early planning of the revival series. The Sun is still orbiting around the Earth, flying reindeer continue to be a navigation hazard for airliners above the 60th parallel, and we know Doctor Who will still return to TV before Guy Lombardo rings in another New Year.

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote