View Single Post
Old February 13 2012, 11:22 PM   #153
Captain Tracy
Commander

Re: OTHER Starship Captains - Symbolism, Foreshadowing & Plot Devices

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Captain Tracy wrote: View Post
2. HOWEVER, since Eleen is trapped in the cave entrance, even if you should elect NOT TO KILL HER (and her unborn), She would remain 'Stuck', and If she would live long enough, the baby would be born into a cave filled with deadly gas,.. and the new Teer dies instantly.
But would she in fact remain "stuck?" From your scenario it doesn't sound like Eileen is being actively crushed by the cave-in, only that she is pinned. Since phasering her, and not the surrounding rock, will create the opening large enough for the egress of Kirk and McCoy, you are saying that only her mid-section is actually pinned. You stipulated that her head is clear, she can breath outside air, and if she were buried down to her ankles, the the two officers wouldn't be able to escape through that size opening subsequent to the (let's use the word) murder.

So only her waist area is pinned, and she is near term in her pregnancy, so is Eileen doomed to die without assistance? No, and this is why. When Eileen's water breaks, she will lose a quart of physical volume, plus she would become "slippery." Next the future Teer would be repositioned by Eileen's muscles prior to his birth, he would "drop." Head down and feet up, moved close to the birth canal. This too would decrease the size of Eileen's waist area.

If (there's that word) the rocks holding Eileen in place are fixed in position, and not actively crushing her, then a good hour before birth she would be able to wiggle free and leave the vicinity of the cave opening. Her freeing herself would also release the poison gas into the air, but it would then immediately be mixed with outside air, and as long as Eileen didn't linger, she would be fine from the poison.

McCoy would have realized just what I told you in a heartbeat, and would have prevented Kirk from phasering Eileen

When you thought up this scenario Captain Tracy, you obviously were not thinking like a woman.

LOL!!!!!!! Well, I must say, I haven't laughed that hard in quite sometime, thank you T'Girl - you could have been on OJ Simpson's legal 'Dream Team'.

Stuck is Stuck - for purposes of the hypothesis.

However, let us say it is not the rubble which actually entraps Eleen, and prevents any WIGGLING, but as another effect of the cave-in, the structurally sound rocks have SHIFTED POSITION, and of course, this is what actually pins Eleen in place,....

Pinned just under her rather large, full, and hypnotically pendulous swaying breasts, and just above her rather pregnant belly. - Yep, thinking like a 'Guy' - guilty as charged LOL!

Therefore, it matters not if she gives birth to quintuplets,... she remains STUCK, and the cave exit remains BLOCKED.

Eleen is STUCK.

HOWEVER,... IF (yes, there is that word,.. again! LOL!) YOU should like to test out your 'Solution' to the situation,... may I suggest you place an ad on Match.com; and with the aid of the first available suitor - perhaps SISKO might help you out - , and re-create Eleen's impregnation, and wedge yourself in the mouth of a cave (or resonable facsimile there-of), wait through the gestation period of 9 months,.. and test it out,...

Just like on MYTHBUSTERS!!!! LOL!!!!

Stuck is STUCK.

I have to say thank you for making me smile today, you put a lot of thought into your 'retort', and a HUGE smile on my face, thanks!

'still laughing over here'

Last edited by Captain Tracy; February 13 2012 at 11:50 PM.