View Single Post
Old February 13 2012, 07:48 PM   #15
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: A great way to spend 55 minutes

Kelso wrote: View Post
Well, my fiance generally prefers comedy over drama. I just showed her the BSG miniseries yesterday and she found it really depressing. She mostly likes scifi shows like Firefly or Stargate SG-1/Atlantis. She did really enjoy "Trials and Tribble-ations" when we watched it back-to-back with "The Trouble with Tribbles" to celebrate Trek's 45th anniversary in Sept., having never seen a DS9 ep. before. So if I get another shot at showing her DS9 I really need to pick one that is fun and humorous.

And my daughter is only five years old. I've started introducing her to TOS (see this thread) and she is getting into it. So far she seems really drawn to the episodes with monsters. Her favorite alien so far is the Horta, but she also liked the Gorn and Ruk. I had hoped that the Klingons and various aliens in DS9 would hold her attention in the same way, but I couldn't get her to sit still for TWOTW at all. She kept asking if Spock and Doctor Bones were going to be in it or if we could watch the one with the rock monster instead.

So I need to come up with a humorous and fun episode that has some sort of neat alien creature in it! That's assuming I can con them into watching another one.
For humor, Little Green Men, maybe or House of Quark

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote