View Single Post
Old February 13 2012, 06:59 PM   #45
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Masterpiece Classic: Downton Abbey 2x01

Last night's episode was the final two episodes of the second season. (There's one more episode next week on Masterpiece, the subsequent Christmas episode.)

The second season finale wasn't as emotionally devastating as the first season finale (where every character basically lost whatever they wanted), but it was still pretty rough. Lavinia's death was heartbreaking, and so too was Matthew's vow that he had to honor her memory because he'd killed her with a broken heart. Honestly, I was little disappointed that Lord Grantham and Jane didn't get together. Yes, he was being a bit of a jerk, but he was an honest jerk. And Bates got framed for his wife's suicide, leaving Anna to soldier on alone.

Also, I liked the little talk between Lady Edith and the Dowager Countess. Someday, Lady Edith will find love, and I keep rooting for her, even if she is "The Other One" when compared to "Hot" and "Way Hot." (That was how Saturday Night Live named Lady Mary and Lady Sibyl respectively.)

Can't wait for next week (even though I have the DVDs and can watch the Christmas special whenever I want), and then I don't know how I'll handle the next nine months or so until there's more Downton Abbey.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote