View Single Post
Old February 12 2012, 08:58 PM   #940
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

DonIago wrote: View Post
TheGodBen wrote: View Post
What surprises me is that when she showed up again four years later I knew who she was instantly. When Lt Carey showed up in one of the final episodes of Voyager I had completely forgotten who he was, it wasn't until years later that I realised he wasn't a random goldshirt. But I still remembered Mila even though she had only been in one scene, so she definitely made an impression.
Not to go off-topic, but I knew exactly who Carey was when he showed up, and given the events of the episode I think I might have preferred it to have been a random character.

Hell, that even undermined "Endgame" to some extent.
With regards to Carey (in "Friendship One") I might have cared had he not been absent for so many episode. The role could have been a generic character and it would have made no difference to the episode. Yet only a couple of episodes later Janeway is travelling back in time to prevent the death of only 16(?) more crew she could have gone back a couple of weeks earlier and saved one more.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote