View Single Post
Old February 12 2012, 01:33 AM   #929
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

Skywalker wrote: View Post
He was pretty good in Kingdom of Heaven, too.
Indeed, he is fantastic in that movie.
Shatnertage wrote: View Post
Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
The moment when Marritza breaks down and starts crying is possibly my favourite moment of the series, to be honest. Very powerful.
That made me cry. I just really felt for the guy. And it was so unexpected.

I had absolutely no expectations going into this one when I watched it, and like TheGodBen says I initially thought it was going to be a typically preachy Trek episode about The Importance of Tolerance. The twist made it special for me, and as surprising as when Picard didn't order Worf to help that Romulan in "The Enemy" (I think that's the episode...is it?) and the Romulan died.
I remembered having seen that during it's first airing in Sweden looong time ago in my youth in about 94 or 95. At the time I couldn't really get that into it, I was more into the cool space stuff then dialog and drama. When I saw it again on DVD I was blown away. Such a fantastic episode.

I even liked it enough that I managed a screening of it in my HS class in connecting to my last year project. My teacher was very impressed about how a sci-fi show could take a concept that very much relates to real life and war traumas and put in a future setting.

Keep up the good work, TGB, very great stuff!