View Single Post
Old February 11 2012, 08:01 AM   #900
Admiral Shran
Admiral

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks DS9 did a horrible job with the MU. Because it was horrible.
It certainly does have it's horrible moments (Shattered Mirror and most of The Emperor's New Cloak) but, IMO, it does have it's good/decent episodes (Crossover - for the reasons TheGodBen noted - and Resurrection). Through the Looking Glass falls somewhere in between those two extremes for me.

Now, I know that many people have a lot of problems with the Mirror Universe here on DS9 - most notably the fact that it's only in an "evil" universe that homosexuality can be shown. But, for my money, the worst part of it is that (and TheGodBen again already noted this) the "good guys" are so unlikeable. Nowhere is this more clear than with Mirror Bashir. Seriously, this guy simply gets on my nerves. There is no subtlety to him at all. It's as if Alexander Siddig just decided to play him as constantly pissed off for no apparent reason. And the rest of them aren't much better. How are we supposed to root for them if we don't like them to start with?

And, as for this particular episode - Mirror Tuvok. Really? Was it really necessary to have him appear here? I mean come on, VOY had only aired ten episodes at this point. Most meaningless character crossover ever!