View Single Post
Old February 11 2012, 02:34 AM   #29
Re: STO: are starship phasers worth a darn?

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Trek wrote: View Post
I've just setup the London (my Excelsior) to be a dedicated STF/Borg ship and moved all my anti-proton weapons from the Argus (my Sovereign) to there. I then setup the Argus with all retrofit phasers and I'm currently working on getting some purple quantums on it. I also gave it my Ageis set and move the Borg set to the London too.
See, I used anti-proton beams all of the time at end level, but I've done more damage with a Phaser/Polaron & Quantum configuration on my cruiser. I don't know if it's my particular build, or if it's in my head, but I do some deadly DPS with my current setup, and I take them right into the STFs and blast away.
I've updated my ship's power ratios to 124% weapons, 76% shields, 45% engines and 37% auxiliary. I've lowered both engines and auxiliary to their absolute minimum since these days my ship's acting more like an overpowered Anti-Proton satellite turret. When I attack, I just stay at one spot and rotate the ship as all 6 weapons fire at will.

I'm still in the process of swapping out my Tetryons with a full set of Anti-Proton cannons and turrets. I'm still missing 2 Anti-Proton Aft Turrets and one or two Anti-Proton Mag Regulators (trying to save up enough ec to buy them from the exchange). Once I have those Mag Regulators, we can have a Nanite Probe shoot out and see if beams or cannons deal the most damage.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things donít always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."

Last edited by intrinsical; February 11 2012 at 04:00 AM.
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote