View Single Post
Old February 10 2012, 11:45 PM   #580
Righbach
Cadet

Re: Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Hello all! I’m Righbach from California and I recently found this place after doing some research on the pocket book novels. I am currently starting my Star Trek Literature Voyage with the Titan Series upon recommendation (The guy at Barnes and Noble made sure to whisper it to me).

My path to ST is kind of odd as I have always been a video game geek since I was a little 10 year old with a Sega Genesis. I really enjoyed Sci-Fi movies and TV such as Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Star Wars, but I never paid much attention to Trek until I met my future wife. One of our first couple dates was to the 2009 Movie in which my wife got so excited my right arm was red and blistered from her pinching me. Thankfully, I was too excited to feel pain, and I started looking back on all the great TV I had been missing! I have since become a Netflix Subscriber and have promptly been working my way through TOS and TNG (My wife is more of a TNG fan). We’ve watched Trekkies I & II and I was blown away at how dedicated, creative, and caring this group of fandom can be! I couldn’t help but want to become a part of it.

I am so excited to explore the vastness of media that is out there for us to consume that I can’t even concentrate! I’m sure this post has gone on way too long so I’ll end it with a quick Hello! And I look forward to meeting you all
Righbach is offline   Reply With Quote