View Single Post
Old February 10 2012, 03:35 PM   #46
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Re: TNG moments that made you want to cry(or did)

Lt. LaForge wrote: View Post
Satyrquaze wrote: View Post
Lt. LaForge wrote: View Post
Admiral Jarok. The fact that Picard didn't deliver the letter when he had a chance on Romulus makes me feel even worse.
How do you know he didn't?

I recently re-watched that episode, and Jarok's speech about seeing his daughter and realizing that he felt he had to change the world for her usually evokes a reaction out of me.
An assumption, my good man. Based on the fact that it wasn't shown to us. We can't just assume that he delivered it. Conjecture should be taken negatively more often than not...when it comes to TV, in my opinion.
I think all the Voyager fans who readily accept the big reset button that they got at the end of each episode of Voyager would disagree.

I think that if Jarok left the names and address of his family and the kind of man that Picard is, I think we can safely assume that he at least delivered it to Shinzon or some other representive of the Romulan government during the early events of Nemesis or post-Nemesis (Donatra was honorable) And if not then, possibly through intermedaries during the Dominion War, when they were allies.

It sounds to be like you took the available data about all the items and people involved and decided that they would all act illogically and completely out of character.

Last edited by Satyrquaze; February 10 2012 at 06:51 PM.
Satyrquaze is offline   Reply With Quote