View Single Post
Old February 10 2012, 03:05 PM   #400
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I know that legitimately the sales were mediocre at best after the first 6 issues. The cancel news came just as or just before issue #7 hit the stands. I think they really missed an opportunity to promote the book to new fans as well as try to convince other Marvel readers the current direction was going to be intriguing. If nothing else get the GR fans who took the last series into the 30's back. The Circle of Four story crossing over with Venom, Red Hulk and X-23 AND being a story featuring Blackheart one of if not his dominant foe. Then cross promote with the movie opening next weekend.
It's a shame cause while I admit the first few issues were rocky in establishing who the new GR was, her background etc. that by issue 4/5 it was moving pretty good and issues 7-8 were part of showing how she(Alejandra) and Blaze were going to work together as well as set up a key element seen in Circle of Four, the talisman holding hell back.

The lawsuit is a non-issue as it's been on going for some time. Was in place while the last GR title went well into the 30's.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote