View Single Post
Old February 8 2012, 11:46 PM   #388
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Pretty light week for me.

Journey into Mystery 634-- Another great issue from one of Marvels best books. The adventures of kid Loki are just fun, funny and fantastical, even when teaming up with Damon Hellstrom (although Hellstrom considers Loki his "sidekick") against Nightmare.

Captain America 8-- The Powerless arc continues and it feels like I've read this before-- oh, wait, I have, in the Steve Rogers: Super Soldier mini (among others).

The new Captain America series has been enjoyable, but hasn't been setting my world on fire. I'm in no danger of dropping it--I'd keep buying it for the Alan Davis art alone-- but it makes one realize just how much Brubaker's previous Captain America series was about Bucky even from the very first issue, even before the reveal that he was still alive. This is the really first time Brubaker's Captain America has been primarily about Steve Rogers, and it's coming up just a little short in comparison. On the other hand, Brubaker's Winter Soldier #1 DID set my world on fire--I've read it at least five times and can't wait for the next issue.

Seven page preview of Avengers vs X-Men #1!

Last edited by Turtletrekker; February 9 2012 at 12:32 AM.
Turtletrekker is online now   Reply With Quote