The Artist - free admission
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - free admission
*movie that shall not be named* - tech screenin'
Hugo - free admission
Safe House - free screenin'
The Captains - Netflix Instant
Troll Hunter - Netflix Instant
The Evil Dead (1981) - Netflix Instant

There was a tech screenin' at work the other night, and I stayed for it, 'cause I had nothin' better to do...and it was a gawd awful movie, and I can't believe it was made, that its bein' shown to people, or that people are actually payin' to see it!

The screenin' was for an event that has sold out!!! 250 in this city have paid real cash money to see that onscreen! Holy crap!

Anyway...

Got together with a buddy of mine yesterday for a free viewin' of Hugo in 3D. I thought it was a good movie, and even Sacha Baron Cohen was tolerable as the station inspector. I don't think the 3D was necessary, and I'm glad my friend & I got in for free. These days, even a 3D matinee costs $10.50!

A girl I know came out to see Safe House with me last night, for a free advance screenin'. Denzel was, of course, awesome, because he's Denzel. And Ryan Reynolds got to kick some ass, too.

Sam Shepherd had a supportin' role, and every time I see that guy in a movie, I always think of his line from Thunderheart, "The officer has been bit by a fucking badger!"

At friends' apartment for the day, while they are at work, and they have Netflix Instant, so I'm watchin' The Captains, where William Shatner interviews the other captains from the Star Trek franchise.

- edit, to add -

Just finished watchin' Troll Hunter, a foreign film about college students filmin' a guy who hunts for trolls in the Norway countryside. I had to pause it a few times, because first person shaky cam & subtitles don't mix very well, kept givin' me a bit of a headache.

- edit, again, to add -

Found The Evil Dead on Netflix...figured, why not? Haven't seen it before...and, holy crap! Bruce Campbell looked so young thirty years ago!!!

Last edited by od0_ital; February 9 2012 at 12:04 AM.
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote