View Single Post
Old February 7 2012, 07:27 PM   #334
Christopher
Writer

Re: "Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Christopher, I think Castle was exaggerating the contents of the diary to suit his purposes.
Well, yes, in the flashbacks. But there were scenes in which he appeared to be directly quoting the diary, and it was in the same hardboiled tone. My point is that if the intent was to have it be his own embellishment, they didn't do enough to distinguish his imagination from the putative content of the actual diary.

Sometimes I think you're overly critical of this show. I rarely see you type anything positive or FUN about it in this thread. As a writer yourself it would be interesting to get your perspective on things instead of just poking holes in the plot. Oh, and I'm not saying you aren't having fun watching this show but it just appears that way. I'm all for being critical when it merits it but it just seems like you don't have fun watching this show.
Well, it's definitely not as good as it was in the first two seasons. There are still fun qualities, but they're lightweight things that don't lend themselves to much analysis.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote