View Single Post
Old February 7 2012, 03:06 AM   #382
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Well now that I've had a crash course on the last few years, maybe I'll start picking some Marvel books up again. I've been out of the 'verse too long and was really starting to miss some of those guys.
Daredevil is recently new (its on issue #8) and is really, really good. Waid took Matt Murdock and started fresh. What happened, happened, but it's in Matt's past, so you don't need to be an expert on what happened to him (I, for instance, had never read Daredevil before now).

Wolverine and the X-Men interests me. I think I'll pick up the first trade when it comes out to see if I like it. I was a big fan of Morrison's run on New X-Men, and I keep hearing this run compared favorably to his run.

As I said earlier, I loved DnA's Marvel Cosmic (I call it "DnA," but I should really acknowledge Keith Giffen for getting the ball rolling in Annihilation and really setting the stage for the Guardians of the Galaxy in Annihilation Conquest: Starlord). I think I'll also check out Hickman's Fantastic Four run in trades.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote