View Single Post
Old February 7 2012, 12:09 AM   #344
tomswift2002
Fleet Captain

Re: The OFFICIAL STNG Next Level Bluray watch and review thread

Flake wrote: View Post
Asbo Zaprudder wrote: View Post
Mitty wrote: View Post
I'm not sure I'm going to bother with seasons 1 or 2, but Give Season 3. That's the season I really got into TNG.
The rational person in me says most of the good episodes are in seasons 3 through 5; the spendthrift completist in me says I must have them all. I wonder which one will win.
I'd have Seasons 1 & 2 over 6 & 7 every time Some great pure sci-fi cheese in S1&2 - pure Roddenberry Trek and I enjoy it - thoroughly entertaining Sure there are some stinkers mixed in but I don't have to watch those do I S1 and 2 focused more on action & adventure rather than the calm, controlled, formal, dialogue driven, technobabble bloated 'Berman Trek' TNG turned into at the end - Seasons 1 and 2 are much more fun!
Well I'll be getting all the seasons when they come out, but with TNG I've always found that the series was really good until "Chain of Command", but then after the Christmas 1992 break, and DS9 started, I found that some episodes, such as "Pegasus", "Second Chance" & "Masks" stood up way better than the other episodes of late-Season 6 & 7. Unfortunately I also found that Voyager suffered the same fate, but with Voyager it started just after Kes left the ship the first time. With both series it seemed like they "put their feet up on their desk " and just went on the inertia they had built up in the earlier seasons.
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote