View Single Post
Old February 6 2012, 11:48 PM   #22
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Widescreen or Full Frame

Aragorn wrote: View Post
nvek86 wrote: View Post
OAS.
I never understood why the FullFrame thing was even developed; I've heard that people complained about the black bars on their tv screens, but why would you want to miss part of the picture.
It was just a mentality a lot of people had where they felt like they were seeing less if it wasn't filling up the whole screen. I knew people who complained about the "black bars." Even the term "full screen" that was on all the DVD covers doesn't really explain what's actually happening and probably made people think they were getting more on their screen.

I wonder now with widescreen TVs being the norm if these same people complain about "black bars" on the side. Of course, now they simply just press the picture stretching button.
Widescreen TV's have been the norm for over a decade, at least on the European side of the pond. Though remember WS TV's can stretch a 4x3 picture to full the screen a bit more sometimes to 14:9 rather than 16:9.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote