View Single Post
Old February 5 2012, 04:42 AM   #4
Re: Some kind souls help us sto noobs out with a how to craft guide!

Tribble puncher wrote: View Post
I feel kind of dumb for even posting this now, From reading some of the older "how to's" the crafting system seemed a bit convoluted. Now having gone to memory alpha, I can see it's been simplified a great deal. (dumbed down perhaps?) So know my question changes to: is it worth the effort? it seems like alot of grinding is involved, both in and out of your starship. I made the mistake of essentially discarding the majority of my samples I acquired, just assuming I would buy or "loot" whatever I needed. Is crafting the only way to obtain certain items? or am I better off using the exchange?
It depends on what is more valuable to you, energy credits or time. I find that its more convenient to spend an hour just scanning anomalies in the right star cluster and then craft a full set of good gear that would have costed me at least 200k-400k energy credits to purchase in the exchange. This works all the way up to Captain rank. Once you hit Rear Admiral, every single crafted item requires a heapload of refined dilithium, which makes the exchange a much better option.

So my suggestion is to craft your lower rank items, save all your energy credits for your admiralcy.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things donít always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."
intrinsical is offline   Reply With Quote