View Single Post
Old February 4 2012, 09:13 PM   #847
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
And maybe it's just me, but there's a point when if things become bad enough, and all efforts to politely explain why a behavior makes me uncomfortable fail, yet the person keeps doing it, I would rather cut ties than be associated with or a party to that behavior in any way. If a polite (but firm) request to stop the given immoral and unethical behavior fails, I do not want it to look to that person or to anyone as though I were lending support to an abuser.
A wise position, in my opinion. Again, speaking from the "natural anarchist" position, if something makes you uncomfortable or angry, if it offends your sense of ethics, you should not feel obligated to support it.

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
When you look at what the Federation as whole does, they are party to a LOT of abusive behavior, by failing to call their member and allied states on it.
I agree; and you're right to point out that the Klingon alliance is a big problem at times. Peace with the Klingons is one thing (that's desirable), but active alliance often seems shocking, given that the Klingons are still active conquerors.