View Single Post
Old February 4 2012, 07:43 PM   #277
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: The OFFICIAL STNG Next Level Bluray watch and review thread

Well, I finally saw the last ep on the disc, Inner Light. I have to admit, this is an episode I never really thought much of at the time (probably just didn't seem action-packed enough for my teenage brain), and I don't think I've seen it all the way through since it aired.

Of course being older, I finally see what all the talk has been about, and it really is a damn good episode. I especially like that Picard doesn't really ever question who he is (like we usually see in these kinds of stories), but is FULLY aware of the truth and simply has to adjust to his new life on the planet.

And I love how Stewart really does make us see the Enterprise in such a strange and different way when he returns, full of crewmates that he hasn't seen in 30 or 40 years (I love that little moment where he has to simply stop and put his hand on the wall of the bridge, as if to convince himself it's real). It's kind of a shame we didn't get a followup episode showing him readjusting to life on the Enterprise, because I imagine that would NOT have been easy to do.

And yeah, the end is pretty powerful and emotional, but for me it's not the flute playing, but the moment before that when he clutches the flute to his heart. The pain and anguish on Picard's face at that moment is almost hard to watch.

As for the picture quality, it looked pretty damn good to me. I kept hearing how it was "grainy all the way through," but it was only the planet scenes that looked that way on my TV. The scenes on the Enterprise were as sharp and crystal clear as can be.

Last edited by davejames; February 4 2012 at 08:06 PM.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote