View Single Post
Old February 4 2012, 03:36 PM   #183
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

30. That One Night: (✩✩✩) - Internet - A guy gets dumped by his girlfriend and subsequently gets drugged and taken out on the town by his buddies. The girl, on the other hand, is taken out by her friends in an attempt to help her move on. This movie is a low-budget Canadian comedy that lacks the gloss of a major Hollywood production, but it still looks good, has a wee bit of raunch, and is generally fun to watch as talk of sex and relationships among late 20-somethings take place. I checked it out mainly to see Amanda Crew. You can watch the movie online in four parts: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 & Part 4.

31. Sex Drive: (✩✩) - DVD - I put this one on my ziplist after Katrina Bowden's babe thread, but got disc 1 which featured the theatrical version. I wanted the longer unrated version which, so I didn't watch it and ordered disc 2. Basically, the movie is about a guy in high school who sets off on a 9-hour drive in his brother Rex's prized muscle car so he can hook up with this hot girl he met online. Along for the ride are his two friends, Lance and Felicia. Rex, who's not too happy about his car being stollen, is played by James Marsden, who's pretty crude and over-the-top hilarious. Felicia is played by Amanda Crew (making this an Amanda Crew double bill), and Seth Green plays an amish guy they run into along the way. The movie is raunchy and reminds me of those sex comedies from the late 90s, but I've seen better. One thing the longer unrated version promised was More Tits & Gratuitous Nudity™ and they delivered, but what they did was have a fully nude digitally inserted model walk in and out of shots at random. And that's not all. There's also More Cock™. That's not what makes it longer though. Outtakes, complete with laughing and a visible camera crew, are spliced into the movie, making things a bit awkward. The director warned us that we should watch the theatrical version first, and after seeing the longer version, I figured that maybe it would have been better. I don't like watching most movies more than once anyway, so I don't regret my decision to stick with the unrated cut. More Tits & Gratuitous Nudity™ was a priority, afterall.

32. Chronicle: (✩✩✩) - Theatre - This movie is about three high school guys who gain powers of telekinesis after coming into contact with a crystaline structure they found underground. Most of the film is told through camcorder footage, Cloverfield-style. It's an enjoyable movie, and watching the guys use their growing powers is interesting and fun. The issue of power being misused does come into play but it's balanced out with power not being misused, and I liked that. Amanda Crew isn't in this one, but that's OK.

Theatre: 1
DVD/Blu-Ray: 10
TV: 18
On Demand: 2
Internet: 1

Last edited by Agent Richard07; February 4 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote