View Single Post
Old February 4 2012, 07:25 AM   #268
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Re: The OFFICIAL STNG Next Level Bluray watch and review thread

Flake wrote: View Post
It is a shame CBS didn't release the Star Trek film blu-rays because Paramount didn't even go to the trouble of rescanning the negatives of the movies for the blu-ray release so they could save a bit of money. Instead of a new scan they chose to use old DVD masters that where scanned at 1080i and run them through a digital cleanup that removed the film grain from the picture and turned the crew into waxworks, only TWOK and Nemesis escaped this.... whereas CBS are going to the trouble of putting an entire show back into post-production and ensuring every last pixel of film information is untouched and perfectly presented, well done CBS! Shame on Paramount :P

It felt like watching Generations on the big screen at some points, it all looks wonderful. FYI I thought the CGI flyby at the beginning of The Inner Light to be ok and an acceptable alternative to the stock 4fter flyby

I watched a DVD afterwards and my god... they will never be watched again! Season 1 can't come soon enough.
Paramount are a bunch of dicks. Fuck'em

Sho wrote: View Post
To take a tangent: I think Berman takes a lot flak from fans undeservedly in general. The guy managed the production of hundreds of hours of television, many of which you love, and they're great also because of him, not just in spite of him. Berman was heavily involved in creative aspects like editing almost all episodes, and even wrote a bunch of good scripts. Yes, you hear him getting blamed for certain choices by others involved in the making of the shows, but I think a large part of that is because it's a thankless job to be the guy who has to say "no" from time to time because he has the big picture to keep the ship afloat - it's easy to ruffle feathers and make enemies in that position. Certainly many others have also hailed him a wonderful producer over the years, anyway.

Go watch e.g. the oral history he did for the Archive of American Television. This wasn't a studio shill, he did love working on Star Trek and I'm grateful he did.
Then he shouldn't have allowed the death of Kirk. He shouldn't have allowed the destruction of the Enterprise D, and he shouldn't have allowed the death of Data and the God awful depressing ending of Nemesis. Fuck him!!
GalaxyX is offline   Reply With Quote