View Single Post
Old February 3 2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Methos
First Officer: USS Aventine

View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: STO: are starship phasers worth a darn?

J. Allen wrote: View Post
I have a star cruiser (the new Odyssey), and use anti-proton beams myself, which are just a nice way to flay the crap out of whatever you're broadsiding.
Pretty much the same setup here...

got 2 antiproton arrays at the front, along with a dual beam tetryon setup and a quick reload transphasic torpedo launcher...

that's generally my 'open up everything as i approach and blow the s#!t out of it' approach...

rear weapons are 2 Tetryon arrays, a transphasic mine launcher, and a disrupter array... though that'll be swapped for another antiproton array when i can save up for it

generally i fly towards the target, opening up a LOT of shield damage with the tetryon and antiproton arrays, a few transphasic torpedoes on apprach, then do a flyover and drop the transphasic mines basically on top of the target while flying away... not much can stand up to a full fly by assault like that...

M