View Single Post
Old February 3 2012, 02:08 AM   #339
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

JJ Abrams' Revolution has been picked up to pilot at NBC, and sure enough, it's sci fi.

...a high-octane action drama following a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist.
Weird concept, not sure how that's going to play out in a weekly series, but at least it's different, and it's nice to see an ambitious premise for a change. No magic cops or vampires.

PS, I'm sure that description means "man made" forms of energy because if the Sun has ceased to exist, that's going to be a very short series.

My first question is whether this scenario is "natural" - a product of humans running through all energy sources - or does it happen as a bolt from the blue, and nobody knows why? I figure it's gotta be the latter because the former is pretty crazy. We'd screw up the climate beyond repair before we used up all the oil and coal deposits on the planet. Which means there's bound to be an overarching mystery element.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote