View Single Post
Old February 2 2012, 05:11 AM   #169
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Re: The OFFICIAL STNG Next Level Bluray watch and review thread

Personally I have no problem whatsoever giving them $100 per season or more for this, the value is there
If they sell for around $80 each they got me as a customer. More than that and I'd have to think about it. I'm already bored of the 3 episodes I have so far, once the novelty of watching them in HD wore out. Up to $100 and I will probably choose the better seasons to buy. If they actually charge more than that, well, I will probably pass on it considering what I've seen so far.

That's George Lucas talking, as well as Steven Spielberg before he realized how ridiculous that it. The thing is, more tech doesn't make things better. TOS-R looks terrible. It's not better than any other fanish, amateur stuff on YouTube.
Maybe it is, because I happen to like the additions to the original SW Trilogy. Not all of them. The Jabba scene in ANH was completely out of place and unnecessary. I could care less who shot first, Greedo or Han. His character grates me anyway. Other than that I can't think of any major scenes that were out of place. I loved the extra Millenium Falcon shots in particular. If wanting a similar treatment to TNG makes me a Lucas fanboy, then I guess I am