View Single Post
Old February 2 2012, 02:55 AM   #157
The Gentleman
Ensign

Re: The OFFICIAL STNG Next Level Bluray watch and review thread

DostoyevskyClone wrote: View Post
This new release of EaF has got me rethinking my position on the first season (which I thought was painfully mediocre at times) - it definitely has a new look and feel now with this remaster. The story obviously hasn't changed (and I just watched EaF a couple of weeks ago in fact), but I found myself enjoying the pilot so much more watching it in Blu-ray. I wonder how much of it is novelty factor? Will we all still feel as impressed on the 16th, 17th, and 18th episodes of season one?
Considering the fact that the 16th, 17th, and 18th episodes are "Too Short A Season", "When The Bough Breaks" and "Home Soil" respectively, I wouldn't be surprised if your renewed enthusiasm for the season might be challenged around this point!

But yeah, I agree with you completely about Encounter At Farpoint-- all it's flaws are still there (bizarre pacing, lame dialogue, cringe-inducing acting) but somehow this new version is the absolute highlight of the sampler disc, and has me incredibly excited for the full season set.
The Gentleman is offline   Reply With Quote