View Single Post
Old February 1 2012, 09:34 PM   #119
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus
Re: The OFFICIAL STNG Next Level Bluray watch and review thread

22 Stars wrote: View Post
Thanks guys. Maybe they will make us cut the proof of purchase from our inserts to qualify or something....

Ok watching EaF, my system is a 1080p projector, approx 100" diagonal screen with a 5.1 DTS audio tuner. It looks amazing, and I have to say the sound is really impressing me as much as the picture!

I am going to wait for the sun to set, so I have better theater conditions in my living room!
A proofs of purchase thing would be cool, but then I'd have to cut into my box!

GNDN wrote: View Post
CBS may figure that US Trek fans who are willing to buy the sampler don't require the added incentive to purchase S1 (even though S1 seems to be the most maligned of TNG)

It was mentioned somewhere that the visual improvements of HD may bring some new respect for early TNG and I hope that's the case as the look and feel of the show was quite unique compared to later seasons.
True, but every little bit helps!

DostoyevskyClone wrote: View Post
This new release of EaF has got me rethinking my position on the first season (which I thought was painfully mediocre at times) - it definitely has a new look and feel now with this remaster. The story obviously hasn't changed (and I just watched EaF a couple of weeks ago in fact), but I found myself enjoying the pilot so much more watching it in Blu-ray. I wonder how much of it is novelty factor? Will we all still feel as impressed on the 16th, 17th, and 18th episodes of season one?
I rather liked Season 1 and 2 of TNG, so for me, this is all a welcome treat.
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is online now   Reply With Quote