View Single Post
Old February 1 2012, 06:36 PM   #176
Agent Richard07
Re: Movies Seen in 2012

26. Blood Diamond: (✩✩✩✩) - DVD - Leonard DiCaprio plays a smuggler who's lved his entire life in Africa, Djimon Housnou plays a man who's been separated from his family and forced to sift for rocks, and Jennifer Connelly plays an American journalist who visits Africa to document the diamond trade. Slow at first, but has a great ending. The movie tries to bring awareness to what goes in in the diamond trade and largely succeeds, but it still feels very "Hollywood".

27. The Invisible Man: (✩✩✩✩) - TV - Finally saw this classic about a man who uses a serum to make himself invisible and goes a bit mad in the process. The "invisible man" special effects were impressive for a film made in the early 30s. I didn't know they could do what they did back then.

28. Frankenstein: (✩✩✩) - TV - Saw this classic too. I was confused at first because Frakenstein was named "Henry" instead of "Victor", but a quick look-up got me over that bit. I plan to catch the sequels when I can.

29. The Dilemma: (✩✩✩) - DVD - A comedy about a man who sees his best friend's wife cheating and agonizes over what to do about it. The fact that he and his friend have a big project to complete that can't afford distractions plays a part in his dilemma. A few other surprise revelations pop up as well, further compounding things. Vince Vaughn, Kevin James, Jennifer Connelly and Winonna Ryder were all enjoyable to watch.

Theatre: 0
DVD/Blu-Ray: 9
TV: 18
On Demand: 2
Internet: 0
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote