View Single Post
Old February 1 2012, 03:22 PM   #812
AdmiralScreed
Captain

Re: Does It Get Better???

The Killing Game Part 1 and 2: I'll be completely honest, I hate war movies. So, with that in mind, it shouldn't be any surprise that I disliked this episode.
First of all, what did I like? The scenes with Neelix and the Klingons were hilarious, and without a doubt the high point of the entire 2 parter. Seeing the Klingons take on the Nazis at the very end was very funny. I also liked the scenes with the Kim and the Doctor. Although at times Kim's attitude toward the Hirogen seemed really forced and almost comical.
What didn't I like? Practically everything else. They had the chance to do a simulation of Wolf (some 3 digit number) battle with the Borg, but they blew in favor of a dumb WWII simulation. I also wanted to point out that I think the Hirogen have gone from being extremely intimidating villains to just the opposite of that. In their original appearance several episodes back I thought these guys were extremely badass. They were merciless and blood thirsty hunters, and I loved them. Unfortunately, this episode had to go and humanize them, which in my opinion pretty much ruined them. Sure, turning them into good guys was in the spirit of Trek, but did it really benefit them as villains? I don't think so. By the end of the episode they had lost virtually all of their original menace.

AI will give part 1 a 3/10 and part 2 a 5/10.