View Single Post
Old February 1 2012, 03:28 AM   #356
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well, I had been hearing so many good things about Mark Waid's Daredevil that I decided that I could ignore it no longer. I started with the Amazing Spider-Man crossover with issue 8, and by ordering the HC of the first 6 issues, which arrived in the mail today. I only need to find a copy of issue 7 to have the whole story.

I find myself joining the chorus of this book's supporters as this is just plain, good old-fashioned super-hero fun. Matt's new attitude towards life is refreshing and a welcome change from how grim Daredevil has been depicted in recent years. Which isn't a knock on the work of more recent writers, but the grim Frank Miller-esque Daredevil had been taken as far as it could. The dark times are acknowledged, sometimes humorously ("Suddenly, I miss ninjas"), and are indeed the catalyst for Matt's new look at life.

I eagerly await the next issue. If you haven't been reading this, I would recommend giving it a look.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; February 1 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Turtletrekker is online now   Reply With Quote