View Single Post
Old January 31 2012, 05:16 AM   #65
WalkerBait
Trekker4747

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote: View Post
I'm willing to give it a chance. I remember when Smallville was first announced and I thought it was going to be completely stupid. I thought, for sure, it was going to be a Dawson's Creek clone that happens to have Clark Kent in it.
That's what I always assumed, so I eschewed it. I take it that's not the case?

He never wears the suit, right?
Not until the final moments of the final episode.

But Green Arrow, Black Canary, Zatanna, Aquaman, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Mera, Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Star-Girl, and other DC characters all wore their traditional costumes or variants thereoff.

(Which made it kind of odd that Clark resisted wearing wearing a costume for so long, but, oh well, the show was called SMALLVILLE, not SUPERMAN.)
Well, he did wear a "costume" of sorts. Most of the time when acting as a super-hero he'd dress in Superman's colors (usually a blue plaid shirt and a red jacket leading to him being called the Red-Blue Blur) then in the 8th or 9th season he actually had a costume he'd wear when acting as a hero but this one being an all-black suit with a cape-like trench coat and the "S-Shield" on his shirt (now he was called "The Blur.")

So, in a sense, he wore a "costume" and for all intents and purposes was a "costumed hero" like the others he just didn't wear a costume that stood him out as being Superman (unlike the others who had taken on their DC personas/names.)