Thread: 90s horror
View Single Post
Old January 30 2012, 10:48 PM   #23
byron lomax
Commander

Re: 90s horror

I also quite like Peter Jackson's The Frighteners (1996) with Michael J. Fox. And I'm pretty sure Seven (1995) isn't considered a horror movie per se (more a "thriller" or "crime drama"), but it's certainly has some horrifying elements to it.
That was a fun movie though I wouldn't consider it horror, even if it has fun, jumpy moments. Seven is probably applicable, as Silence of the Lambs is, though I haven't seen it in years.

Blair Witch Project
Hmmm. This one didn't really work for me - I simply wasn't scared. I do commend its success, though.

The Prophecy with Christopher Walken, I like a good religious horror film. The others in the series are OK, but none are as well put together as this one.
Walken put in a great performance in this, though the ending felt a bit like an anti-climax. Good film overall though.

Honorable mentions for great 90s horror movies were Event Horizons and Stir of Echoes.
Stir of Echoes wasn't too bad. If you liked Jacob's Ladder, I recommend you check out the deleted scenes (all three are on Youtube) if you haven't already.

I know I'll need to check out Exorcist III now....
byron lomax is offline   Reply With Quote