View Single Post
Old January 30 2012, 08:39 PM   #234
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Re: Talk of Bryan Singer's BSG project resurfaces

RandyS wrote: View Post
Ian Keldon wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Yeah, they persevered so well that got over it in 10 minutes.
Spare me...they faced plenty of challenges and setbacks, they just didn't spend entire episodes pissing and moaning about it, unlike NuGalactica.

People are tired of popular entertainments that are as mired in the muck as their real lives. We've just come out of a dark decade and are staring down the barrel of another one (at the rate we're going, anyways). That's grim and depressing enough without having to wallow in angst in our entertainments as well.
I completely agree.

But let's not forget that the younger generation mistakenly equate "angst" with "quality", as though it were some sort of Holy Grail, so, we're more likely to get more "dark and gritty" BS than we are anything else.
"Kids these days..."

And I thought the rap/hip-hop generation was bad...

The Stig wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Yeah, they persevered so well that got over it in 10 minutes.
Spare me...they faced plenty of challenges and setbacks, they just didn't spend entire episodes pissing and moaning about it, unlike NuGalactica.

People are tired of popular entertainments that are as mired in the muck as their real lives. We've just come out of a dark decade and are staring down the barrel of another one (at the rate we're going, anyways). That's grim and depressing enough without having to wallow in angst in our entertainments as well.
What dross.

There is plenty of escapist-style fare on both film and television that bears little resemblance to reality, all the while co-existing with more grounded presentations. Your complaint is that you'd prefer your entertainment to be light and fluffy, which is all well and good, but do us a favour and stop pretending that you're some sort of mouthpiece for the majority.
There's a difference between weightier fare and the wallowing in the darkness nature of NuG's storytelling.

All I'm asking for (as are many many many others in my experience) is some "good" to go with the "bad".

Unrelentingly negative "entertainment" is a fad that needs to go the way of disco. People are sick of it.

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post

No, not "only if" - the premise as summarized there is cheesy, period.
Only to jaded, cynical people.
I'm neither.
If you say so...based on what I've read of your posting in and around the board I'd say I pegged you dead on, but YMMV.

Last edited by Neroon; January 31 2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: multiple consecutive posts