View Single Post
Old January 30 2012, 11:28 AM   #822
Rocketeer
Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

I told you so. ;-)

Somebody posted last month that they would be glad when F2P arrived so the patches would stop and I said to expect daily downtime for a few weeks after. Considering the number of missions that are still broken, I'm extending that prediction until at least the end of February.

Cryptic has taken down the referral page. I don't know if that means that the referral rewards are nerfed. Wait, I didn't get my Dreadnought Cruiser yet! Can buddy passes be far behind. I guess the bean counters told them to stop trying to recruit gold members. Tell me again the advantage of being gold... At least the F2P players are getting their money's worth.

How about another prediction for you. Do the new players have Cryptic accounts or Perfect World accounts? When PWE drops Cryptic and those players find themselves severed from STO, I predict that there will be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth. Put it on your calendar, you heard it here first. :-P

Okay, let me get off my podium. Realize that regardless of my delivery, my intent is to inform.

On a positive note, check out the ship images I posted in that thread.

Last edited by Rocketeer; January 30 2012 at 03:28 PM.