View Single Post
Old January 29 2012, 03:37 PM   #820
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

syberghost wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post
Tried getting in a little while ago for some nice saturday afternoon gaming. Star Trek Offline strikes again...
How are you missing these maintenance announcements?
Who said I missed them? What I said was that I had a little time to kill on a Saturday afternoon, decided I wanted to play STO for a bit, sat down, turned on the client, and found downtime. Didn't say I couldn't figure out WHY I couldn't play, just that I was excited to do so, and it was down when I tried.

And even if I DID miss a maintenance announcement somehow, all I'd have to do is wait until tomorrow, and I'd see another one, so I won't miss them for long!

Think they abuse the word "Scheduled" a bit, though. If it were really scheduled, seems like it would be an expected thing, that you'd know about well in advance. When an announcement pops up an hour or two before the server goes down, not sure that really counts as planned. Kinda, since it didn't unexpectedly crash, but not really.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33